Want to be part of a hyper growth, fast paced, global business that is radically changing the decades old delivery universe as we know it? If so, read on, as we’re looking for a Logistics Operations Manager (Courier) to join our Logistics team!
What’s our story?
Our mission? To switch up the status quo and become the UK’s leading out-of-home business. With a fast-growing network of 5000+ smart lockers, 200+ leading retail partners like Vinted, ASOS, Zara and the launch of our InPost collection points, we’re bringing freedom to anyone with a parcel.
The UK is a huge market that we’re quickly expanding into , and as a hard-working, fast-moving business, we anticipate some serious growth this year. In fact, growth is what we’re focused on. Across the UK, we’ve seen rapidly changing customer and merchant behaviour, with consumers driving the demand for out-of-home delivery options; making it a real focus for investors.
On our path to transforming e-commerce delivery in the UK, we’re building an unparalleled group of talent that’s hungry to help us disrupt the industry. Our team is packed full of top-notch experts in e-commerce, technology, scale-up growth, sustainability, logistics and supply-chain. We’re a passionate bunch and expectations are high, but we’re team players – collaborating, supporting, and leaving egos at the door.
We’re not looking for just anyone to join us. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to bring ideas to the table, grow with us and fit into a fast-paced team. We’re looking for problem solvers, people with drive and natural curiosity – who want to do things differently. And do them brilliantly.
About the role:
As a Logistics Operations Manager (Courier), you will play a pivotal role in ensuring a high-quality service across all our products specifically at the start and end of a parcels journey.
Working with our selected carrier you will be responsible for ensuring our ever-growing network of collection and delivery points are attended at the right time to maximise courier and route efficiency.
Through analysing data our Courier Manager will make decisions to drive forward existing courier and locker efficiency, make decisions to scale delivery frequency to meet our business growth, and ensure that our courier network is capable of scaling up to meet future volume requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
Performance Management & Improvement
- Monitor, recommend, and act on our daily KPI trends associated with courier performance and locker visit effectiveness.
- Analyse the efficiency of servicing each of our lockers across the UK network and identify opportunities to improve service to our customers and reduce overall operating costs.
- Collaborate with our third-party logistics provider (3PL) to analyse routing plans and identify ways to improve the feasibility and efficiency of all courier routes and optimise end to end processes.
- Identify trends in customer patterns to influence decisions around the timing of courier visits to specific lockers to improve our customer's experience
- Monitor and track 3PLs compliance with routing schedule and implement corrective action plans as needed.
Relationship Management & Development
- Foster and develop relationships with our third-party logistics providers, working collaboratively to solve problems and influence decisions relating to courier routing processes and procedures
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams, particularly the Network and Customer Care teams to understand and act on customer feedback, eventually getting us to a point of proactive, customer experience management, driven by leading, rather than lagging indicators.
- Collaborate with courier teams in international markets to identify best practices for courier routing in the UK.
- Thinking ‘Out of the Box’ to recommend enhancements to existing products and working closely with our Technology teams to make things happen!
What we need from you:
A “gets it done” attitude, with a high degree of ownership, ability to solve problems in a structured way, rising to challenges in a fast-paced environment with a growth mindset. You will need an analytical approach in everything you do and be able to action and deliver at pace, be pragmatic with trade-offs and comfortable with ambiguity. In return, you will be able to drive real change in the industry; play a critical role in the growth of InPost in its most exciting market and put yourself on an accelerated professional trajectory by taking on inimitable responsibility.
- Proven experience working in an operational business within a courier-related position, in the operations & logistics function of a business, ideally in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- Analytical mindset, with a passion for numbers and the ability to manipulate data using data visualisation (e.g. PowerBI, DOMO, Looker, Tableau) programmes and analytical tools (e.g. Excel, SQL) to identify trends and take actions on findings.
- Previous Transport/Courier planning experience and use of route optimisation software and transport management systems is preferred.
- Structured problem-solver, comfortable solving ambiguous and dynamic problems.
- Strong planning & organisational skills, with proven ability to scope and deliver cross-functional projects involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with and influence stakeholders across different functions and levels of the organisation, internally and externally.
Perks of the job!:
We love to reward our people for the great work they do:
- Competitive salary plus the ability to earn OTE bonus
- 26 days holiday + 1 volunteering day
- Hybrid working + home office set up scheme
- Amazing offices in Soho and Hemel Hempstead
- Work from anywhere scheme (up to 4 weeks per year)
- Dog friendly offices (each Friday)
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Flexi-benefits platform new for 2023
- Opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing logistics technology businesses in Europe (you can read more on our recent results here https://lnkd.in/d_cqN-R6
- Ability to grow and progress with the business
- Opportunity to work across our European business (InPost is in 9 European geographies)
- Genuine opportunity to influence and be part of the growth of the UK business
- No hierarchy, results oriented business
The InPost process:
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience. We want to make this as straightforward as possible, for you and for us! We will try our best to get back to you within a few days to let you know if we’d like to take you to the first stage. This normally involves a 20 minute chat with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. If we both feel the connection, you’ll then go through another one or two stages, depending on the level of the role.
At InPost, we love uniqueness. Our strength is our people.
We strive to create an open, equal, inclusive environment in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish and be themselves.