Want to be part of a hyper growth, fast paced, global business that is radically changing the decades old delivery universe as we know it? If so, read on, as we’re looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our Finance team!
What’s our story?
Our mission? To switch up the status quo and become the UK’s leading out-of-home business. With a fast-growing network of 5000+ smart lockers, 200+ leading retail partners like Vinted, ASOS, Zara and the launch of our InPost collection points, we’re bringing freedom to anyone with a parcel.
The UK is a huge market that we’re quickly expanding into , and as a hard-working, fast-moving business, we anticipate some serious growth this year. In fact, growth is what we’re focused on. Across the UK, we’ve seen rapidly changing customer and merchant behaviour, with consumers driving the demand for out-of-home delivery options; making it a real focus for investors.
On our path to transforming e-commerce delivery in the UK, we’re building an unparalleled group of talent that’s hungry to help us disrupt the industry. Our team is packed full of top-notch experts in e-commerce, technology, scale-up growth, sustainability, logistics and supply-chain. We’re a passionate bunch and expectations are high, but we’re team players – collaborating, supporting, and leaving egos at the door.
We’re not looking for just anyone to join us. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to bring ideas to the table, grow with us and fit into a fast-paced team. We’re looking for problem solvers, people with drive and natural curiosity – who want to do things differently. And do them brilliantly.
About the role:
Due to continued growth in the UK, the FP&A team is looking for a commercial finance analyst to join the finance team.
This is a newly created role, reporting to the UK Finance Planning & Analysis Manager. The role will be a highly commercial role, working across all areas of the P&L, and therefore business partnering with all departments within the UK business, as well as with wider group finance function.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of weekly volume, revenue and profit reporting, including preparation of slides for weekly operations meetings.
- Develop and maintain network deployment cost analysis, in conjunction with insightful commentary.
- Support the FP&A Manager across management and execution of the strategic planning, forecasting and budget processes, recurring monthly reporting.
- Business Partnering across the business supporting ad hoc requests.
- Liaise with group finance regarding reporting submissions and be point of contact for queries.
- Maintain and improve current commercial MI and building new reporting where necessary.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reporting, quarterly forecasting and budgeting.
- Drive continuous improvement of analysis and forecasting tools and ensure continuous improvement of Monthly Exec and Board reporting capability, delivering insightful analysis and commentary.
- Take initiative to streamline and improve processes through the use of automation.
- Support cost management initiatives, providing analysis and challenge to enable the business to deliver on cost optimisation programmes.
What we need from you:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified/ Finalist
- Demonstrated data and analysis skills, working within a high-performance finance team.
- Strong commercial acumen, easily translating financial information into commercial insights.
- Advanced Excel skills (SUMIF, PIVOT, INDEX, OFFSET, XLOOKUP).
- Able to process large data and manipulate financial information into insightful analysis.
- Experience of using reporting tools such as Domo or Power BI.
- Ability to work with and influence non finance stakeholders, question and challenge thinking in a proactive manner, whilst building effective partnerships across teams.
- Self-starter, with ability to manage workload independently while prioritising and delivering on the asks.
- Ability to communicate clearly by structuring analysis, findings and recommendations concisely.
Perks of the job!:
We love to reward our people for the great work they do:
- Competitive salary plus the ability to earn OTE bonus
- 26 days holiday + 1 volunteering day
- Hybrid working + home office set up scheme
- Amazing offices in Soho and Hemel Hempstead
- Work from anywhere scheme (up to 4 weeks per year)
- Dog friendly offices (each Friday)
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Flexi-benefits platform new for 2023
- Opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing logistics technology businesses in Europe (you can read more on our recent results here https://lnkd.in/d_cqN-R6
- Ability to grow and progress with the business
- Opportunity to work across our European business (InPost is in 9 European geographies)
- Genuine opportunity to influence and be part of the growth of the UK business
- No hierarchy, results oriented business
The InPost process:
We pride ourselves on our candidate experience. We want to make this as straightforward as possible, for you and for us! We will try our best to get back to you within a few days to let you know if we’d like to take you to the first stage. This normally involves a 20 minute chat with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. If we both feel the connection, you’ll then go through another one or two stages, depending on the level of the role.
At InPost, we love uniqueness. Our strength is our people.
We strive to create an open, equal, inclusive environment in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish and be themselves.