Senior Manager of Logistics Growth Operations Job Overview:
This is a critical role for us as InPost looks to quickly scale our business, take control of, and drive excellence in the parcel-moving network that delivers new and innovative OOH logistics solutions in the UK.
You’ll be looking to work at pace, to launch and to build - supported by a project team but hungry to also roll your sleeves up. You will have successfully designed, sourced, and launched logistics infrastructure (hubs, depots) at pace. You have directly managed and delivered continuous improvement in the performance of collection depots, sortation hubs, cross-docking hubs. You will have proven experience managing 3PLs to deliver results. You have a strong working knowledge of optimising Van Network (First and Last mile) and Line-Haul Network (Middle-mile) efficiencies.
You’ll lead by example, raising the bar on the pace and quality of our work. As you build out the infrastructure, procure the assets and the team for our In-House Operations, you want to use it as your opportunity to demonstrate your capacity for delivering results, and to lead some or the majority of those In-House Operations.
You are seeking a highly meritocratic team who are hungry for a challenge, ambitious for growth, and deliver at pace.
Senior Manager of Logistics Growth Operations Responsibilities and Duties:
- Source and launch InPost-owned Logistics infrastructure
- Procure assets and personnel to enable InPost-owned Logistics Operations
- Structure and launch InPost-owned Logistics Operations
- Manage the performance of InPost-owned Logistics Operations
Senior Manager of Logistics Growth Operations Key Skills:
- “Gets it done” - high degree of ownership, rising to challenges in a fast-paced environment with a positive growth mindset. Hungry to deliver at pace and high ownership of meeting deadlines
- Ability to influence and manage warehouse staff to optimise productivity and engagement
- Must be willing to travel (to visit sites around the country)
- Bar-raiser - strong desire to exceed expectations and continuously push us to be better
- Comfortable with ambiguity, wading through the trees to eventually find the forest
- Structured and analytical approach to everything you do, with strong attention to detail and accuracy. You know how to use data to make decisions and are experienced with analytical tools:
Advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency working across large data sets
Understanding of SQL (preferred)
Experience and Education:
- Experience launching infrastructure and/or operations, preferably in parcel logistics or transportation space
- 5-8 years of experiencing managing parcel and transportation logistics operations in a fast-paced environment (Van network, warehouse operations, transport planning etc)
- Preferred: MBA, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
About InPost UK:
InPost is on a mission to make deliveries faster, greener & smarter. We’re changing the way consumers think about delivery for the better and on a mission to shake up the delivery universe by putting an end to waiting in line, missed deliveries and encouraging sustainable consumer behaviour.
Our growing network of 3000 smart lockers make it easy to collect, return or send parcels in seconds – no sorry we missed you slips, no queues, no fuss, 24/7. Whether you're shopping at Tesco, taking the tube at Raynes Park or simply popping to the corner shop for lemons, out-of-home delivery means logistics on your own terms.
2022 is an exciting year to join. As we are backed by a highly profitable public company (€9.5B Valuation), we can focus exclusively on crossing the adoption chasm in the UK (see why early adopters love us).
We work fast, but don’t compromise on quality. Our expectations are high, but our people are the reason we succeed. Our community works together to enable growth within each team and the company as a whole. We’re passionate about our mission and our products.
Our team holds unrivalled experience in technology, scale-up growth, sustainability, logistics and supply-chain.
We’re not looking for just anyone. We want to work with people who aren’t afraid to bring ideas to the table, to make mistakes, and to challenge it all. We’re looking for people with drive and curiosity, who will join us in re-writing the norm.