Head of Finance Job overview:
This key hire for InPost will work closely with the CEO and assume full responsibility for all financial aspects of the UK business finance operations. This will involve but is not limited to, analysing financial performance, strategic advice to the Senior Leadership team on these findings, and managing the budget to achieve the most profitable results for the business. The successful applicant will have experience in a rapidly growing SME business.
Head of Finance Key Responsibilities:
- Own company budgets, cash flow and management accounts
- Oversight of the day to day of the Finance function in the business
- Ensure financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed to the exec team and investors
- Develop processes, plans, targets, and business drivers
- Hands-on management of the finance team including recruitment, training, and performance management
- Billing, management accounts, end of year accounts
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions, accountants, investors
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Offer close support for the CEO, the Directors, and other senior managers
Head of Finance Experience & Qualifications:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Owned full finance function within a high growth SME business (<£250m revenue, <500 staff)
- Previously built finance team, processes, and policies within a fast-growing business
- 10+ years' of experience in finance or accounting
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Commercially astute and able to use insight to drive excellent financial outcomes
About InPost UK:
InPost is on a mission to make deliveries faster, greener & smarter. We’re changing the way consumers think about delivery for the better and on a mission to shake up the delivery universe by putting an end to waiting in line, missed deliveries and encouraging sustainable consumer behaviour.
Our growing network of 3000 smart lockers make it easy to collect, return or send parcels in seconds – no sorry we missed you slips, no queues, no fuss, 24/7. Whether you're shopping at Tesco, taking the tube at Raynes Park or simply popping to the corner shop for lemons, out-of-home delivery means logistics on your own terms.
2022 is an exciting year to join. As we are backed by a highly profitable public company (€9.5B Valuation), we can focus exclusively on crossing the adoption chasm in the UK (see why early adopters love us).
We work fast, but don’t compromise on quality. Our expectations are high, but our people are the reason we succeed. Our community works together to enable growth within each team and the company as a whole. We’re passionate about our mission and our products.
Our team holds unrivalled experience in technology, scale-up growth, sustainability, logistics and supply-chain.
We’re not looking for just anyone. We want to work with people who aren’t afraid to bring ideas to the table, to make mistakes, and to challenge it all. We’re looking for people with drive and curiosity, who will join us in re-writing the norm.